APPLICATION DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 16, 2015. NO EXCEPTIONS.
The position of Music Director/Conductor is a volunteer position with a stipend.
The Music Director functions as:
- Principal Conductor: A performing musician
- Artistic Director: The artistic head of the orchestra
- Community Arts Leader: An advocate, ambassador and teacher working on behalf of the orchestra in our community.
The Music Director should exhibit the following qualities of musicianship:
- A high level of performance skill
- A working understanding of the instruments of the orchestra
- Skills in score preparation, composition and analysis
- The capacity to inspire a high level of musicianship in the orchestra
- Outstanding baton technique, rehearsal technique and podium presence
- Awareness of current artists and repertoire
- The ability to create well-balanced programs
- Solid communication skills
The Music Director should exhibit the following leadership qualities:
- Personal discipline and integrity
- The ability to assume a leadership role and make difficult decisions with fairness and sensitivity
- The ability to establish an artistic vision for the organization
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- An understanding of the operations of the orchestra, including governance, fundraising, marketing and public relations
- The ability to work in harmony with the Board of Directors, volunteers, orchestra members, and performance venue personnel
- A strong sense of community awareness
The Music Director must have the ability to serve as a community advocate for the orchestra, music and music education.
To submit application via snail mail, please mail your resume, a one-page cover letter of interest and three references to:
Jim Howard, President
Prescott POPS Symphony
P.O. Box 10231
Prescott, AZ 86304
To submit online here via file upload, simply click on the Upload files button below, select the files from your computer and finish.